Tester - Automation and Manual
£35,000 - £45,000 Per Year
Tester – Automation and Manual testing
Our well-established client is seeking an experienced Tester with both manual and automation testing to join their expanding team.
As the Tester you coordinate and manage all non-UAT testing activity associated with projects. Testing is in place to ensure that the risks associated with a go-live are minimize and you will provide and coach the UAT personnel through your work.
- A mixture of manual and automation testing will be used so knowledge of both is critical.
Location: Hybrid – Remote and Milton Keynes
- Test Methods and Approaches – You will need to understand various testing techniques, their relative advantages, disadvantages and dependencies. As the Tester you will need to be able to determine what test approaches will work best for individual pieces of work
- Business and process understanding - In order to balance requirement based testing with scenario based testing, you will need to know how individual processes work. In order to conduct end to end testing, you will need to know how multiple processes and systems work together to perform business functions. While collateral will be made available through the development process to feed you with supporting material, as the tester you will need to be able to work with other project team members to interrogate the information in order to provide the required test collateral.
- Technology skills – You will need to understand how systems are to be used (often prior to the training material generation) while also using reasonably advanced testing tools.
- Data skills – As the Tester you will need to be able to provision test data. While this is often handballed into the system, there are occasions (e.g. stress testing) where large volumes of data need to be prepared.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected] or call Laura Ramm on 01566 776888.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
- Previous experience in both manual and automation testing is a must.
- You will be an analytical and logical thinker – Have experience of forming a plan in a logical manner so that test collateral can be reused, and test analysis can be optimised. Additionally, you will need to be able to perform root cause analysis in a logical manner to help isolate the cause of individual defects.
- Ability to prioritise and severity analysis of defects.
- Have excellent communications skills to clearly communicate with the project teams and business stakeholders.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies
itecopeople is the trading name of Summit Computer Recruitment Ltd. Registered in England and Wales no. 03880344
Registered address: 37 Fore Street, Sidmouth Devon EX10 8AQ