Quant Platform DevOps Engineer
The client is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. They hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. They pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to their business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, their engineers are solving some of the world's most complex financial problems.
You will be responsible for testing, releasing and supporting applications that are core to the company. This multi-faceted remit involves productionising trading algorithms and verifying that they behave as expected before they trade in the real world. There is a focus on improving and automating these processes.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with researchers, developers and engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment
- Gather, analyse and run to completion stakeholder requests, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Support the live trading side platform
- Maintain test environments and monitor test outcomes in order to release upgrades
- Monitor and make most efficient use of grid compute platform used for running various financial simulations
The role allows for freedom to explore, and present new solutions to our key areas, while constantly ensuring business operations are maintained.
Who are they looking for?
You will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, automation or an application support role.
You will demonstrate capabilities in at least one high-level language (e.g. Python/Java/C#), one scripting language, have a strong eye for process improvement and a proven track record of automation.
Previous experience of process automation, service operations monitoring, CI/CD, grid computing and Kubernetes deployment are advantageous.
You will need the ability to quickly understand complex systems and to proactively improve processes the team are responsible for. You must be able to handle multiple stakeholders, have excellent multitasking skills, be able to prioritise competing workloads and communicate effectively.
Experience or interest in finance is beneficial, but not essential.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation c£100k plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 30 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Lunch and coffee provided!
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
To learn more details or have an initial conversation on this role please call Simon on 01566 776 888 or email [email protected]
Services Advertised are those of an Employment Agency.