Quant Platform DevOps Engineer
The client is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. they hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. they pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
You will focus on automation of testing, releasing and running of simulations core to the company. Crucial, is your ability to support stakeholders, and delivering business output.
This multi-faceted remit involves delivering regular outputs, whilst simultaneously driving it forward to unlock further upside.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with researchers, developers and engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment
- Gather, analyse and run to completion stakeholder requests, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Monitor and make most efficient use of our grid compute platform used for running various financial simulations
- Make significant process improvements, and create methodical ideas around using new technologies to improve our release and support pipelines
- Write new and maintain existing tooling written by the team
The role allows for freedom to explore, and present new solutions to our key areas, while constantly ensuring business operations are maintained.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, automation or an application support role.
You will demonstrate capabilities in at least one high level language (e.g. Python/Java/C#), one scripting language, have a strong eye for process improvement and a proven track record of automation.
Previous experience of process automation, service operations monitoring, CI/CD, grid computing and Kubernetes deployment are advantageous.
You will need the ability to quickly understand complex systems and to proactively improve processes we are responsible for. You must be able to handle multiple stakeholders, have excellent multitasking skills, be able to prioritise competing workloads and communicate effectively.
Experience or interest in finance is beneficial, but not essential.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines