£40,000 - £50,000 Per Year
SQL Database Administrator – SQL-Server, Azure, Oracle.
This is a great opportunity for a DBA, to join a fantastic team in a fascinating company to help them on their transformation journey including moving to Azure. This is a chance to learn new skills or get certified with lots of training available. You will have sight of the whole of the Database infrastructure so the is lots of exposure to new technology and skills.
THE COMPANY helps customers use energy better by retrieving energy data from the UK's largest energy-consuming organisations. The industry relies on the information they produce to trade, bill & understand billions of pounds of energy each year. Their specialist services, deliver tangible energy, carbon & cost savings to customers by giving access to data intelligence on 'how', 'when' & 'where' energy is used.
They need great people to help them deliver. They care about the things you do, being open & trustworthy & delivering on their promises. They invest in people, offering a challenging but supportive environment, allowing employees to grow & develop. In terms of career progression, with a comprehensive training programme, the only limit is your own drive to succeed.
The Role You will join a team of hands-on technical database administration experts as an experienced SQL Database Administrator. As the SQL DBA you will be reporting to the Systems DBA manager, and as part of the team being responsible for delivering all appropriate database activity to support the company's systems and platforms.
Job title: SQL Database Administrator.
Location: Milton Keynes and remote working.
Salary: £40,000-£50,000pa (£4k pa on call allowance, 1 in 4 weeks).
Duration: Permanent full time.
Start Date: ASAP.
About You!. You will need demonstrable experience of:
- Define, perform and report on daily database administrative duties for all databases.
- Provide hands on technical skills and support for development and maintenance of all Production and Test databases.
- Installation of SQL Server and Oracle software on servers and clients plus installation of applications.
- Provide technical skills and support for Azure components under the teams control.
- Administer host platforms using a variety of unix and windows versions.
- Deliver project tasks to agreed timescales and provide technical expertise to ensure project success.
- Ensure business continuity strategy is appropriate for purpose and is delivering at all times.
- Work collaboratively with the business to deliver KPIs.
- Input to and support projects and goals to deliver change.
- Incident and escalation management as appropriate.
As important as your technical skills is a positive & enthusiastic can-do attitude with a conscientious, accurate & diligent mindset. You'll need to be flexible, willing & able to cope with change in a complex pressurised environment with conflicting demands. It goes without saying clear communication & good interpersonal skills with a customer-focused, switched on attitude to customer management taking ownership for issue resolution are going to be needed.
WHAT NEXT? Call Laura for more information on this new opportunity on 01566 776888 or email your CV to [email protected].
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
- SQL Server Database administration.
- Oracle Database administration.
- working on high availability environments.
- using Database monitoring tools.
- multiple operating systems and/or hardware.
- Database DR strategies.
- Some programming skills in any Language.
- Shell Scripting, e.g., Powershell.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies
itecopeople is the trading name of Summit Computer Recruitment Ltd. Registered in England and Wales no. 03880344
Registered address: 37 Fore Street, Sidmouth Devon EX10 8AQ