Application Support Engineer.
Are you a naturally inquisitive individual with a desire to learn? Would you like to join a high-performance team working with one of the world’s leading hedge funds? Do you enjoy challenging work that will stretch you with lots of training on the latest tech? Do you love a good work-life balance and relish the idea of living in the beautiful Channel Islands with access to the sea and sandy beaches? Read on…
You will join a collaborative highly skilled Application Support team embedded at the cutting edge of a highly sophisticated Financial Services trading platform.
You will be the first point of contact for any real-time operational/technical platform issues. Issues are usually trading critical and require a lot of thought and technical skills, both to diagnose and resolve. You and the team will help manage the software change control to the trading platform. You will work closely with the trading desk, understanding the interactions with the trading platform, how the various developer teams work, as well as in-house software and applications.
The latest troubleshooting and DevOps technologies are utilised in building the in-house solutions, which in turn creates a dynamic and exciting environment for all involved parties. Given the complex nature of the trading platform, training is provided through detailed in-house plans and testing, as well as continued support to develop new skills and understanding required for such a dynamic environment.
You will also help maintain and supplement the team’s knowledge of the trading platform as it evolves by researching and documenting production changes, participating in daily stand-ups and regular conference calls with developers.
Support requires coverage of European, American and Asian time zones. The majority of time will be on European hours, as such, there is a need for all team members to work shifts on a rotation basis, as and when required.
So in summary, you will:
- Provide immediate, front-line application support to the trading desk.
- Monitor and support the 24-hour trading platform to ensure that they are able to trade at all intervals.
- Manage and coordinate software and feature releases into production.
- Manage and troubleshoot daily production issues ensuring timely resolution.
- Liaise with developers and team members regarding product developments and issue escalation/tracking.
Title: Application Support Engineer.
Location: Channel Isles. Accommodation provided deal for people based in south west England Cornwall Devon
Remuneration: Competitive Salary neg on experience plus low tax rate, bonus accommodation, holiday etc.
Start date: ASAP Client will wait for the right person.
Duration: Permanent role.
Who are we looking for?
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual with a methodical approach to work to gain exposure to a fast-moving trading environment and to the cutting edge technologies involved in running Europe’s leading hedge fund. You will have:
- 2 years of experience in a technical role, able to read code, with troubleshooting skills and some kind of automation experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise.
- Possess a growth mindset and the ability to think innovatively and offer creative solutions.
- The desire and willingness to learn new technologies and new ways of working.
So to join the progressive company where you will be valued, trained, paid well with training and accommodation provided call, Simon or Laura, on 01566 776 888 or email your CV to [email protected]
Services Advertised are those of an Employment Agency.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies