Data Science Engineer
£50,000 - £80,000 Per Year
Azure Data Science Engineer.
Our well-established client is a leader in the IoT field & specialise in delivering real & innovative solutions in energy management & energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient & green. They are a global provider of smart products in the home, as well as having a range of Internet & cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of IoT.
Your mission: As an experienced data scientist you’ll help drive the business to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the creation of data-driven products in the Internet of Things space. You’ll work closely with members of the product development team (product management, firmware, cloud services, electronics, mechanical & systems design), & play a leading role in developing cloud-based applications that scale across multiple use cases, customers, & devices.
Within the cloud ecosystem, you’ll focus primarily on the curation & analysis data stored within the Azure cloud platform. Including a combination of data pipeline preparation & big data queries to provide insights into product usage, & algorithms/AI to drive data-driven features.
Title: Azure Data Science Engineer.
Location: Remote Working / Home Based in the UK.
Salary: c £65000 per annum plus bonus, pension, generous holiday, life insurance.
Start Date: ASAP.
Duration: Permanent Assignment.
Your main responsibilities:
- Maintain & develop a library of big data analysis scripts utilising python & databricks to mine data from the Azure data lake.
- Work with the development team to create data pipelines that support specific data-driven use-cases & the establishment of a data warehouse for more generalised queries.
- Minimise complexity in all development by the application of careful analysis & proven software engineering principles.
- Verify the results of all data extracts/analysis by independent analysis and/or automated tests.
- Where appropriate produce concise, high quality documentation to provide overall context & explanations for complex areas of code/analysis.
About you. You’ll have good technical knowledge of Python, Pyspark and/or Databricks and Azure Data Lakes. With experience of working with & designing data pipelines particularly within the Azure cloud platform. You’ll have worked in an Agile environment, skilled at building clean, maintainable code, taking responsibility for & proactively driving work packages to completion.
Customer focused & a a good team player & communicator, you are passionate about technology & like to learn about new technology & its application to smart home automation. You’ll have a professional attitude with good interpersonal skills, so you’ll be a collaborative team player, happy working as part of a project team, comfortable engaging proactively with multi-disciplinary teams & stakeholders. When needed you’ll be a robust, resilient & tenacious individual who remains objective & delivers focussed when dealing with change, uncertainty & ambiguity.
So this is of interest? You want to work with a company operating at the forefront of this exciting IoT energy field where your work will lead to benefits for both people and the environment? Great! Please call Laura Ramm on 01566 776888 or to apply please send your CV to [email protected]
- Help identify & work with third-party solution providers, infrastructure providers, cloud application services that can help enrich the Smart Home proposition.
- Participate in the agile process, including backlog refinement, driving completion of sprint goals, & continuous improvement of the process.
- Work with Systems Engineering, UX, & Firmware Development teams to create scalable end-to-end solutions that drives the company’s business forward.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Employment Agency.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies
itecopeople is the trading name of Summit Computer Recruitment Ltd. Registered in England and Wales no. 03880344
Registered address: 37 Fore Street, Sidmouth Devon EX10 8AQ