SQL DBA / Data Architect - SQL 2005 up to SQL 2019, Windows Server 2008 - 2016
Are you looking for a new opportunity that you can make your own? As well as have free rein to come up with ideas/solutions, in the word of the client "could change the face of a project”. If so, this might be the role for you.
Our established & successful client has an exciting new vacancy for an experienced SQL DBA/Data Architect to join there IS Team.
AS the SQL DBA you will be key to the success of delivering our clients private cloud offering to their SaaS based customers. You will work alongside & mentor their existing Junior DBA to help support, architect, implement & administrate all the company's SQL based Database servers, providing a crucially stable database platform for this critical business function. Our clients I.S team is devoted to innovation whilst providing the best in class I.T & Hyper-converged hosting to the business & our customers.
As the SQL DBA/Data Architect you will get the opportunity to work with all aspects of a professional hosting team & really stretch your forward-thinking technical mind to embrace all products without prejudice.
- Work closely with our clients solution architect's & development teams.
- Architect, implement & support database availability
- Always consider database security & apply sensible best practice wherever possible.
- Conduct technical research & development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Monitor performance & manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
Job Description: SQL DBA/Data Architect
Location: Devon – Commutable from Exeter, Plymouth, Liskeard, Callington, Tavistock, Launceston
Term: Permanent- fulltime – 37.5hrs a week
You will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure & Hosting operations
- Strong desire to work as part of a team that embrace's technology & business change
- A genuine interest in tech & the tech industry, to drive innovation.
- Microsoft SQL 2005 up to SQL 2019
- Some experience with MDX, SSAS, SSIS & SSRS
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- The ability to prioritise & cope with a changing environment
. Any experience in the following skills would be desired but not essential.
- RedGate SQL tools
- Pii locating & associated GDPR regulations.
- SQL availability groups
- Powershell, SQL R, C# & Python.
- Legal compliance & standards including PCI DSS, GDPR.
- Achieved, Microsoft MCP.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role and to take the next step in your career, please send your CV to [email protected]
or call Laura Ramm on 01566 776888.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency