Principal Firmware Engineer C++ (Home-based)
You’ll be required to lead small teams technically, as well as being able to produce efficient embedded software implementations & have a good appreciation of electronic hardware.
Principal Engineer Embedded Firmware
£65,000 - £70,000 Per Year
Principal Firmware Engineer C++ (Home-based).
Are you a highly talented & self-motivated Principal Firmware Engineer looking to be responsible for providing technical leadership over software creation for an efficient, maintainable & coherent product architecture for a wide range of home automation & IoT products?
Reporting to the Firmware Development Manager your key responsibilities will be: -
Title: Principal Engineer C++.
Location: United Kingdom Home-based / Remote working.
Start Date: ASAP,
Duration: Permanent appointment.
Salary: c£60,000 - £70,000 pa & comprehensive benefits expected of a global company
About you: As this is a hands-on Principal Firmware engineer role, you’ll be required to lead small teams technically, as well as being able to produce efficient embedded software implementations & have a good appreciation of electronic hardware. You’ll play a key role in the realisation of leading-edge smart home products. It is key that you can demonstrate you are a natural collaborator with a successful track record of embedded software delivery in your career to date. You will have a passion for design excellence & demonstrate outstanding technical competence.
Essential technical skills:
- full product lifecycle technical leadership to small teams, creating efficient & coherent firmware architecture & design.
- Collaborate with global teams to ensure the timely delivery of new products.
- Adopt in-house best practice for code integrity & design validation.
- Ensure integrity of system & software architecture is maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
Essential non-technical skills:
Demonstrable experience in technical leadership of small teams of embedded engineers to deliver firmware developments within timescale. You’ll freely accept & welcome technical ownership, & be able to innovate & champion change, demonstrating a high degree of initiative & ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment. As an Open & effective communicator work well in a close-knit yet geographically dispersed team.
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility & flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance in a company culture that encourages performance & cooperation. An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company.
So if you want to work with exciting cutting-edge technology to deliver products to impact the world then call Simon or Laura on 01566 776 888 or email [email protected]
Services advertised are those of an Employment Agency.
- Proven skills in modern C++ development on embedded Linux with demonstrable experience in Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration & distributed revision control tools (such as Git).
- Knowledge of firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators & toolchains.
- Good understanding of electronics & microcontroller-based embedded systems
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies
itecopeople is the trading name of Summit Computer Recruitment Ltd. Registered in England and Wales no. 03880344
Registered address: 37 Fore Street, Sidmouth Devon EX10 8AQ